Monday, June 6, 2011

I forget myself.

Another year has passed. I look back to the younger version of me and i get filled up with loss and envy. i was doing what i wanted that time. the love of my life- teaching. but as people grow up, they are subjected to do things that need to be done rather than what they want to do. the need to sacrifice comes in, in order to achieve goals. the big picture is more dominant than that of the everyday snapshots of life.

maybe this is what growing up means. its not about how old you are, but how willing you are to live up to the things that you have to do in order to achieve something for the greater good.

I need to go back to the old, ambitious, ready-for-battle, speaking-my-mind activist me. I miss that version of me. I have to make my way back. I can't let myself forget. Because if I do, I'm not just sacrificing, but compromising myself, my beliefs, and my dreams for a better world. I can't let that happen just like that because all this, is what makes me, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment