Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who needs a boost? I do!

A good friend was convincing me to try applying to work for international schools.. even try applying abroad.. although I know I'm not ready yet, it was a good thought to consider. I mean, what have I got to lose?

He mentioned a curriculum that I've never heard before.. so when I got home, I researched on it and found it quite interesting. Interesting enough to get me to actually start applying in a school that uses that particular curriculum. I have no guarantee that I'm gonna get a call back.. I just want to see if they would deem me worthy even if I'm still in the process of completing my masters... I'm hopeful though, I think this is one thing that would give me the boost that I need.

What interested me to it is that it has a more in-depth approach in learning. Aside from that, they have programs that opens the eyes of the kids and make them aware of not only what society does for them, but in return what they can contribute to society. they have activities that respond to the needs of the community that they are part of, which hit me pretty hard, that's why it made me want it bad to be a part of that school. I think it's something that can really make a child a more rounded individual, with a broader perspective in life. I mean that's the hope right. That's why we're doing what we're doing as teachers after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment